- Written by Anton
- Category: Online Course
- Hits: 1814
Learning to speak like a native English speaker may seem like a challenge but with the correct mindset and dedication it can be done.
Do people often fail to understand you even though your grammar is correct? Do you wish to learn to speak English with a more native-like accent that is easy for people to understand? Perhaps you can write grammatically correct sentences, but when it comes to conversation you fail to leave the right impression due to poor pronunciation and intonation?
Whether you are a business person involved in high stakes negotiations or a student giving presentations, communicating clearly and effectively is essential.
The aim of this course is to give non-native English speakers the necessary tools and knowledge to help them improve their English pronunciation.
Students are guided step-by-step using carefully prepared materials with a clear and concise structure to help them improve regardless of their level. With practice, patience and the right mindset it can be done.
Each lesson is 40 minutes long and specially crafted to provide maximum efficiency and intensity by utilizing effective learning techniques such as timed repetition and shadowing.
This course utilizes accelerate learning techniques to help you achieve your goal to speak natural British English.
- Gain a better understanding of English pronunciation through the use of the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Adopt the correct mindset to master received pronunciation which is spoken by approximately 2% of the British population.
- Develop the muscle memory necessary to replicate native-like pronunciation.
- Learn to distinguish similar sounds such as /ʌ/ and /ə/.
- Understand the importance of semivowels and their use in connected speech.
- Better understand the use of your vocal cords, facial muscles and movement of the tongue.
- Become aware of your native mother tongue and how it may be affecting your ability to acquire natural British pronunciation.
- Learn to think like a native English speaker to establish the necessary neural pathways that will allow you to speak with more ease.
Page 2 of 2