Do people often fail to understand you, even though your grammar is correct? Do you wish to learn to speak English with a more native-like accent that is easy for people to understand? Perhaps you can write grammatically correct sentences, but when it comes to conversation you fail to leave the right impression due to poor pronunciation and intonation?
Whether you are a business person involved in high stakes negotiations or a student giving presentations, communicating clearly and effectively is essential.
The aim of this course is to give non-native English speakers the necessary tools and knowledge to adopt Received Pronunciation.
Students are guided step-by-step using carefully prepared materials with a clear and concise structure to help them improve regardless of their level. With practice, patience and the right mindset it can be done.
Each 40 minute lesson is held using the Zoom conference platform.
During this course you will:
- learn to identify and distinguish each individual phoneme of the English language using the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- understand how combining different consonant and vowel sounds can connect words to create natural rhythm and intonation.
- learn how to better shape your mouth and tune your vocal cords.
- practice regular exercises to drill and reinforce what you have learned.
- develop a more conscious awareness about pronunciation.
- develop the ability to self-diagnose and correct yourself.
- understand how your mother tongue may be hindering your English pronunciation.
- develop natural competency using techniques such as timed repetition and shadowing.
- learn about the importance of muscle memory and the feedback loop.
- learn to recognize and absorb natural patterns that native English speakers take for granted.
Contact me for a free 30 minute consultation: private_tuition@ receivedpronunciation.com (Please remove the space after the @ sign.)
Accent reduction for Americans available here.